- Fuente Milano, an illegally built housing estate with 400 homes in a protected area north of Madrid
- Spain has about 46,4 million residents
- The unemployment rate is 22 %, the youth unemployment rate is 48 % in 2015
- The national debt has increased from 2005 to 2015 from 393.48 billion euros to 1082.46 billion euros
- At the beginning of 2015 over 2000 Spanish politicians faced corruption charges in 150 legal proceedings
- Three out of four new jobs are temporary
- According to the Spanish National Statistics Institute INE about 110 500 Spaniards between 20 and 34 years
emigrated from 2008 to 2014
- The production of the black economy grew by 31 percent to 253 billion euros from 2008 to 2012.
This is nearly 25 percent of the Spanish gross domestic product (GDP).
At the beginning of the economic crisis, the part of the black economy was 17.8 percent
- The austerity measures by the government lead to a loss of income of 13 % for the poorest tenth of the Spanish population, the richest tenth was affected by a loss of income of 1.4 % percent
- 327 000 Spaniards had to leave their homes between 2008 and 2013
- Huge sum of money from the European Structural Fund really fueled the corruption in the construction sector,
for example neither the airport in Castellón / Valencia, costing 150 million euro,
nor the airport of Ciudad Real (500 million euro) were ever used